Sunday, December 2, 2012

Tis the Season to be Jolly

I find it hard to believe that it's the last month of this year. It really seems as if it has just gone by in a whirlwind! I don't know about you, but I always think to myself "when I've got more time" or "when things calm down a bit", I will do X/Y/Z. But that time never comes. I really have to make the time for things or people that are important! 

I'd like to start out by showing you a video that makes me smile every time. This was Maia's idea, but she graciously allowed Cora to join in!


As you can see, this is after the tree went up! In our house we usually put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. The kids enjoy it the whole month of December, with the whole build up to Christmas (and so do I - Daddy on the other hand, is not so much of a fan!). This year, Thanksgiving was very early - the 22nd November. But I didn't want to break tradition! Sadly my Dad was extremely ill and although I was back from visiting him by Thanksgiving, we left that evening to go to Dundee again where he is. So the tree had to wait.

Months ago I had booked tickets for the Enchanted Castle, at Crathes Castle in Aberdeenshire. Cora and Calvin really enjoyed it! Maia was scared for some reason but still enjoyed herself in between the 'asking to go home' moments!


With their snacks before we went to the castle

Self explanatory!
Some of the beautiful animation


In the walled garden, the fairies lair!

Calvin on the biggest screen he will probably ever see in his life!

The kids could have just done this for hours I think.


Even Maia stopped asking to go home at this point!
Since the Enchanted Castle was roughly halfway from home to Dundee, we headed down from there. It was quite nice driving at night, we rarely do it, and the kids were much quieter than normal! We stayed at the Dundee East Premier Inn. We've stayed there before, and the rooms are so big for families like ours, love it. Decent rates, comfy beds, and plenty of space for us - way superior to Travelodge in my opinion! My brother and I stayed at the Dundee West one a few weeks ago when Dad initially was taken ill, and it was fab as well. Our next Dundee stay we've booked the Central one which overlooks the River Tay, but enough of the Premier Inn spam!

Every day we visited Dad, but visiting hours didn't start until 3pm so we took the kids into town to do a bit of shopping. We came across a shop that was just opening, and the kids got goody bags and got their faces painted. And on that note I will leave the rest of the story for next time, because Blogger seems to have a problem all of a sudden and won't let me add any more photos - and I had to manually go in and edit the HTML to get the text to align left! So au revoir for now!

Tiger
Fantastic work by the face painter!


No comments:

Post a Comment